Last Update: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Fresh, Fun Summer Meals|
|Written by NoAuthor|
|Thursday, 29 May 2014 00:08|
Flavorful Al Fresco Dining Ideas
Here comes the sun - and the fun of dining al fresco.
When it comes to summer fare, familiar favorites are always welcome, such as burgers on the grill, sandwiches, salad, lemonade and dessert. But if the tried-and-true choices are getting a little too familiar, maybe they need a makeover.
New al fresco favorites
These deliciously doable ideas start with time-saving, quality prepared products, such as Aunt Nellie's jarred vegetables and READ classic bean salads, that provide real homemade flavors. Here's how:
* Elevate burgers from basic to sensational with a dollop of Red Cabbage, Onion & Bacon Jam, made with sweet-and-sour red cabbage, sauteed onions and smoky bacon.
* Need a new sandwich inspiration? Mediterranean Bean & Pita-Wiches are a combination of 3 or 4 bean salad, vegetables, olives and feta cheese stuffed into whole grain pita pockets.
* Trade the traditional greens or potato salad for Herbed Beet & Tomato Salad, an updated combo of colorful sweet-tangy pickled beets, garden-fresh yellow tomatoes and herb vinaigrette.
* What's for dessert? Try Fudgy Beet Brownies, which are made with Harvard beets to keep them extra moist and yummy.
* Lemonade is always a welcome thirst quencher, especially if it's pink. Here's the simple secret: Just stir pickled beet liquid into prepared lemonade - it's pink in a wink.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 29 May 2014 00:14|