Last Update: Wednesday, July 30, 2014
|FAMILY FEATURES- Fire up the Flavor|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 02 August 2012 02:34|
Love cooking on the grill, but want to do more than basic burgers and the same-old barbecue chicken? Try cooking up some delicious grilled dishes with great tasting, all-natural Mrs. Dash(r) - you might be surprised how easy it is to add big flavor, without adding salt to your grilling favorites.
Mrs. Dash bold seasonings and zesty marinades are just some of the ways you can spice up burgers, chicken and vegetables on the grill. The unique herb and spice combinations transform an ordinary cookout into something to brag about.
For more mouthwatering grilling recipes, visit www.mrsdash. com.
Caribbean Pork Kabobs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash(r) Caribbean Citrus Seasoning Blend, divided
• 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into small cubes
• 1 sweet onion, cut into cubes
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
• 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into cubes
Mix pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons seasoning blend in a small bowl.
Pour 3/8 cup (6 tablespoons) of the pineapple juice mixture over the pork in a separate bowl and the remaining over the vegetables. Stir to coat evenly.
Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Thread pork pieces onto 9 skewers, alternating with onion, pepper and pineapple cubes. Sprinkle on remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning blend.
Grill or broil for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is thoroughly cooked.
Chipotle Burgers with Spicy Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash(r) Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend, divided
• 1 pound extra lean ground beef
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 egg whites, or egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
• 4 toasted hamburger buns
• Sliced tomatoes, optional
• Lettuce, optional
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet, add onion and cook until golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon seasoning blend, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
Gently mix ground beef, 1 tablespoon seasoning blend, cilantro, and egg whites or egg substitute. Mix well, and shape into 4 burgers.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill burgers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Toast buns and top with burger and spicy onions. Garnish with tomato and lettuce, if desired.
Old Fashioned Cole Slaw
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 to 3 hours
• 5 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 8 radishes, sliced
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash(r) Original Blend
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine cabbage, carrots, radishes and onion in large bowl; set aside.
Combine oil, vinegar, seasoning blend, sugar and lemon juice in small bowl; mix well.
Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to mix well.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
Toss again before serving.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 02 August 2012 04:53|