Last Update: Thursday,March 06, 2014
|Make Brown Bagging Better|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 09 August 2012 01:20|
(Family Features) Brown bagging with a tasty sandwich is a great way to save money and enjoy a healthier lunch. But sometimes you can fall into a rut and get bored eating the same thing every day. Here are some easy ways to make brown bagging better:
• Try different sandwich bread - Add some extra flavor to your favorite sandwich with a zesty rye, a dark pumpernickel or an Asiago ciabatta.
• Switch spreads - Mayo and yellow mustard are good, but how about Italian-style deli dressing, honey mustard or even Russian dressing?
• Stack your sandwich high with fresh ingredients - Avocado, hummus and cucumbers are all unexpected options that give an extra kick to any sandwich.
This delicious turkey sandwich starts with premium Boar's Head Ovengold(r) Turkey Breast, which is roasted to perfection and certified heart-healthy. And like all Boar's Head Brand premium deli meats and cheeses, it is gluten-free and contains no fillers or artificial colors or flavors.
California Turkey Sandwich
• 3 slices Boar's Head Ovengold(r) Turkey Breast
• 1 slice Boar's Head Muenster Cheese
• 1/4 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
• 2 lettuce leaves
• 3/4 tablespoon Boar's Head Pepperhouse Gourmaise(r)
• 1 whole wheat sandwich roll, thin, round
Separate the sandwich roll in 2 halves. Layer the bottom half of bread with lettuce, tomato, turkey, avocado and cheese. Spread the Pepperhouse Gourmaise over top half of bread; then flip atop the sandwich. Press together lightly and serve.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 09 August 2012 01:39|