Last Update: Thursday,March 06, 2014
|FAMILY FEATURES- Quick After School Bites|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 23 August 2012 04:29|
Between carpool, homework, sports and other activities, it can be tough to fit in an afterschool snack to hold the kids over until dinner. But with a few tricks up your sleeve, you can give them what they need in no time.
• On-the-Go Goodie Bags - Make up a big batch of trail mix or seasoned air-popped popcorn. Divide into snack-sized zip top bags and you'll always have a snack at the ready.
• Fruit on Demand - Keep a bowl of the kids' favorite fresh fruit out where they can see it and grab what they like. Or, freeze some grapes or blueberries and keep them in singlesized containers for a sweet and crunchy snack.
• Cheesy Goodness - Make a quick batch of Salsa Ranch Dipping Sauce, then heat up a plate full of Mini Quesadillas from Farm Rich. They're quick and easy, but wholesome and delicious, too - and this whole snack only takes a few minutes to make.
Get more after school snack ideas and a Farm Rich coupon at www.farmrich.com.
Salsa Ranch Dipping Sauce
• 1 package Farm Rich Mini Quesadillas
• 1/2 cup ranch dressing
• 1/4 cup salsa
• 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
• 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped celery sticks
Prepare quesadillas according to package directions.
Mix remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Serve with quesadillas and celery.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 23 August 2012 04:39|