Last Update: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
|LAPD Reveals DUI Checkpoints For July 4 Holiday Period|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 28 June 2012 03:17|
LOS ANGELES (CNS) – Los Angeles police have announced several DUI checkpoints and saturation patrols beginning this weekend, starting June 30, and through the Fourth of July holiday period.
Checkpoints will be set up as follows
• from 5 p.m. Saturday to 1 a.m. Sunday in the LAPD's Southwest patrol area at Jefferson Boulevard and Western Avenue;
• from 7 p.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Sunday in the North Hollywood patrol area at Cahuenga Boulevard and Broadlawn Drive;
• from 7 p.m., July 5, to 3 a.m., July 6, in the Olympic patrol area at Vermont Avenue and Sixth Street;
• from 7 p.m., July 6, to 3 a.m., July 7, in the Pacific patrol area at Lincoln Boulevard and Maxella Avenue;
• from 7 p.m., July 6, to 3 a.m., July 7, in the Southeast patrol area at Rosecrans Avenue and Menlo Avenue;
• from 7 p.m., July 7, to 3 a.m., July 8, in the Foothill patrol area at Laurel Canyon Boulevard and Paxton Street; and
• from 7 p.m., July 7, to 3 a.m., July 8, in the Mission patrol area, at Roscoe Boulevard and Noble Avenue.
DUI saturation patrols are planned as follows
• from noon to 8 p.m., July 4, in the Harbor patrol area; and
• from noon to 8 p.m., July 8, in the Rampart patrol area.
Police urged motorists to follow these safety tips
• plan a safe way home before setting out to celebrate;
• designate a sober driver;
• call a taxi or friend for a ride home if you've consumed alcohol;
• call 911 to report suspected drunk drivers; and
• take keys from anyone who tries to get into a vehicle while intoxicated.
The expanded enforcement efforts are funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 28 June 2012 03:18|