Last Update: Wednesday, August 20, 2014
|Fireworks and You|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 28 June 2012 03:22|
If you live in a city that allows the use of fireworks, here are some tips for doing it safely:
• Never buy or use illegal fireworks.
• Only adults should light fireworks.
• Never hold lighted fireworks with your hand or place them near the body.
• Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
• Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
• Always have water handy in case of a fire.
• Wear safety eyewear when using fireworks.
• Soak used fireworks in water before discarding.
• Never try to relight a firework.
• Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can.
• If you are injured using fireworks, seek immediate medical attention.
• Never allow young children to play with or go near fireworks, including sparklers. They seem harmless but sparklers can reach temperatures of 2,000 degrees.
• Never handle fireworks if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 28 June 2012 03:23|