Last Update: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 20 September 2012 03:25|
LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Several lanes and ramps were closed Tuesday, Sept. 18, on the Golden State (5), Hollywood (170) and Ronald Reagan (118) freeways in the San Fernando Valley as part of a $140 million carpool lane construction project, according to Caltrans.
The northbound 5 between Lankershim Boulevard and Paxton Street was closed from 11 p.m. Monday through 5 a.m Wednesday for a concrete pour.
Other closures that will take place overnight through Friday Sept. 21, include:
• Up to two lanes of the northbound 5 between the 170 and 118 freeways with be closed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• The onramp from Sheldon Street/Laurel Canyon Boulevard to the northbound 5 will be closed between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• Up to four lanes of the southbound 5 between the 118 and 170 freeways will be closed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• The southbound 5 connector to the southbound 170 will close from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• The eastbound Osborne Street onramp to the southbound 5 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The westbound Paxton Street on-ramp to the southbound 5 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The following long-term onramp closures will also be in effect:
• Westbound Van Nuys Boulevard on ramp to the southbound I-5 (opens October);
• Branford Street to southbound 5 (open December);
• Eastbound Osborne Street to northbound 5 (opens December); and
• Westbound Osborne Street to northbound 5 (opens December).
The following long-term offramp closures will also be in effect:
• Southbound 5 to eastbound/ westbound Paxton Street (opens October);
• Northbound 5 to Branford Street (opens December);
• Northbound 170 to Sheldon Street (opens December);
• Northbound 5 to westbound Terra Bella Street (opens January 2013); and
• Northbound 5 to eastbound Van Nuys Boulevard (opens January 2013). On the 170 Freeway:
• The northbound connector to the northbound 5 will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday;
• The Sheldon Street/Arleta Street onramp to the southbound 170 will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through Friday; and
• Up to two lanes of the southbound 170 between the 5 and Roscoe Boulevard will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday.
On the 118 Freeway:
• The eastbound 118 connector to the southbound 5 will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday; and
• The westbound 118 connector to the southbound 5 will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through Friday.
Caltrans is building a carpool lane in each direction on the 5 between the 170 and 118 freeways and is also widening four undercrossings, replacing sections of pavement and building a direct carpool connector lane at the interchange between the 5 and 170 freeways, according to the agency.
The work is on track for completion in late 2013. It began in August of 2010.
For more information, go to www.I-5info.com
|Last Updated on Thursday, 20 September 2012 03:26|