Last Update: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Signs of an Abusive Relationship|
|Written by San Fernando Valley Sun|
|Thursday, 11 October 2012 05:14|
Here are some indicators that you or someone you know could be in an abusive situation:
• Jealousy – A jealous partner makes unfair accusations and ultimately keeps you isolated from your friends and family.
• Controlling behavior – A controlling partner has a lock on family funds, decides if you work or not, decides how you dress, and/or monitors your every move.
• Verbal abuse – A verbally abusive partner uses constant criticism that degrades and makes you feel stupid, especially if it is done in front of others.
• Past battering – A partner who has battered previous partners will most likely batter again.
• Breaking or striking objects – A partner breaks objects to terrorize you into submission, often carefully choosing objects that have special meaning to you.
• Threats of violence or suicide – Threats of violence are made to terrorize you into submission. A partner makes you afraid that he or she will hurt you, him/herself, your children, your pets, or all of the above, and uses that fear to maintain control of people and situations.
• Physical or sexual assault – This most lethal sign could go on for years until you are either murdered, or able to escape safely and permanently.
Source: Haven Hills, Inc.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 11 October 2012 05:21|