Last Update: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
|Suspect in Northridge Killings Ordered To Remain Jailed|
|Written by Terri Vermeulen Keith|
|Thursday, 20 December 2012 05:23|
LOS ANGELES (CNS) - A man suspected in the shooting deaths of two women and two men outside a Northridge boarding home was ordered today to remain jailed without bail pending a Jan. 30 arraignment for allegedly violating the terms of his community supervision following his release from prison.
Ka Pasasouk, 31, did not appear in court at the hearing in the downtown Los Angeles Central Arraignment Court. He was scheduled to be in court in Van Nuys later this morning or this afternoon for a hearing on the status of his probation in a drug case.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office conducted an internal review into the handling of the methamphetamine possession case that resulted in Pasasouk being placed into a drug diversion program in September.
"The review shows that the office inadvertently erred in indicating the defendant was eligible for a Proposition 36 drug program," Sandi Gibbons of the District Attorney's Office said in a written statement released last week.
"Training issues raised during the review will be addressed by the District Attorney's Office countywide."
Pasasouk -- who was described as having multiple convictions dating back to 2004 -- had been released from prison in January.
Tuesday's hearings are the first for Pasasouk in Los Angeles since his Dec. 3 arrest along with three other people in Las Vegas in connection with the Northridge slayings. No charges have been filed in connection with the Dec. 2 killings of Amanda Ghossen, 24, of Monterey Park; Jennifer Kim, 26, of Montebello; Robert Calabia, 34, of Los Angeles; and Teofilo Navales, 49, of Castaic.
Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck said earlier this month that the killings stemmed from a dispute and were not random.
The three other people arrested along with Pasasouk at the Silverton hotel and casino near the Las Vegas Strip were identified as Howard Alcantara, 30, of Glendale; Donna Rabulan, 30, of Los Angeles, and Christina Neal, 31, of Los Angeles. Police said then that they were booked on suspicion of aiding a felon.
Alcantara is due in San Fernando Superior Court today in connection with a case charging him with a robbery in November and assault with a deadly weapon in September. Rabulan remains in custody in Clark County, Nev., and Neal is no longer in custody, according to Gibbons.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 05:28|